Thursday, September 11, 2008
Empty Promises
“I need to go, I cannot afford for anybody to see me on the phone, it will ruin everything”…click…The president sneakily hides the phone in his shirt, and makes his way out to speak to the public. The crowd cheers for him as he strongly reassures them he is with them in the rebellion against the future. “You must give it time; I assure you we are doing everything in our power to rid our society of this infection that threatens our way of life” he says, as he slams his fist firmly on the podium. The crowd takes it all in and cheers louder with every promise he makes. “…We will prevail!” he yells as he concludes his speech. He begins to walk to the back with his head down. He passes through the curtains and notices an associate of Josh Finkenheimer staring through him, they exchange glances and nods as the president makes his way back to his office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment